Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 19:51
Sign in to follow this  
Vast

Ghost magazine and how to fix it.

I'm willing to bet that a number of people have thrown away your favorite weapon because of what's known as "ghost mag."

Ghost mag is when the magazine is glitched in the magazine slot.  The magazine slot shows the mag, however there is no mag visible in the gun itself.  You are unable to remove it via normal means. 

Maybe I'm not the first to discover how to fix this, but I searched and found nothing.  

At this point, I've fixed 3 guns with a ghost mag so this is a repeatable fix and you also get to keep your magazine.  Sorry no vid, but it is easy.

The fix:

Simply drag the ghost mag ONTO an item in your inventory and let go.  You should keep the mag and it will work again, however I think you may lose the other item, though not 100% sure on that.

Enjoy

Edited by Vast

If someone tries this out, will they please post a video? Maybe we can have it stored placed in "GUIDES" for other players to see in the future. 

8 minutes ago, Vast said:

I'm willing to bet that a number of people have thrown away your favorite weapon because of what's known as "ghost mag."

Ghost mag is when the magazine is glitched in the magazine slot.  The magazine slot shows the mag, however there is no mag visible in the gun itself.  You are unable to remove it via normal means. 

Maybe I'm not the first to discover how to fix this, but I searched and found nothing.  

At this point, I've fixed 3 guns with a ghost mag so this is a repeatable fix and you also get to keep your magazine.  Sorry no vid, but it is easy.

The fix:

Simply drag the ghost mag ONTO an item in your inventory and let go.  You should keep the mag and it will work again, however I think you may lose the other item, though not 100% sure on that.

Enjoy

Thank you so much! 

I think it might have something to do with holding R to reload as it has happened to me a few times in the past. 

https://youtu.be/pIhY9Qsck2U

Thanks to @Vast I'm able to keep this AKM. Simply make sure there is enough space for the ghost mag in your inventory and it will work. I did lose the Sewing Kit that i replaced the mag with.

Edited by Brian_

35 minutes ago, Brian_ said:

https://youtu.be/pIhY9Qsck2U

Thanks to @Vast I'm able to keep this AKM. Simply make sure there is enough space for the ghost mag in your inventory and it will work. I did lose the Sewing Kit that i replaced the mag with.

Thank you so much for this video. I've been trying to make one, but couldn't get my gun to break.