Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 08:49
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Voluntary PK to skirt NVFL

So if I wanna roleplay my char out as a person who'll never break under interrogation or w/e cause that's how I like to roll, if I get killed for not giving up intel and a NVFL report is whacked up, would I be alright if I PK'd my char voluntarily as I've already accepted the consequences of RPing out my char?

@Hofer ty for quick reply but you've answered a small part of the broader question, if I RP out my char in such a way that could lead to NVFL, but I decide to PK, will I avoid this by voluntarily PKing?

@Saunders so regardless of whether or not it makes sense, if I NVFL and accept the consequences of my actions by PKing, I still get points? 

Edited by APositiveElmo

You will not be punished for NVFL for not giving up information or lying, as confirmed by Rolle in this report.

Good question. I'd let one of the admins decide the second part of your question @APositiveElmo, as that is quite a unique situation and a unique way of playing it out we don't see every day.

@Roland @Voodoo @Randy @Saunders

16 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

So if I wanna roleplay my char out as a person who'll never break under interrogation or w/e cause that's how I like to roll, if I get killed for not giving up intel and a NVFL report is whacked up, would I be alright if I PK'd my char voluntarily as I've already accepted the consequences of RPing out my char?

@Hofer ty for quick reply but you've answered a small part of the broader question, if I RP out my char in such a way that could lead to NVFL, but I decide to PK, will I avoid this by voluntarily PKing?

It is my stance if you perm the character, you should not receive an NVFL ban because you didn't no value your life; you ended the character arc.

The issue with this becomes people might be inclined to make trolly one-shot characters to just NVFL them over and over, and if this trend started someone might catch a ban for that, but thats why all rules are case by case.

If you decide to PK from a possibly NVFL encounter because that's how your character's story should end, it's not NVFL.

Greetings @APositiveElmo,

If you are reported for having NVFL and you permanently kill your character, you can still be found guilty for not valuing your characters life and received a ban and points. Players cannot simply go around and have no value for their characters and get away with it just because they chose to PK their characters. At the end of the day, a rule was still broken and allowing players to PK to avoid receiving a guilty verdict for not valuing their characters would be a huge flaw and could potentially be abused.

@APositiveElmo yes, you can still get points for doing it and it would then be down to the report owner to judge the situation of the report and choose whether they can accept your actions and drop the report or keep it open.

Rule breaks and punishments are two different things. If you break rules you will get points even if there is some secondary punishment (in this case PK) that can no longer be applied.

Sign in to follow this