Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 19:21
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 1 hour, 38 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
IrishChris88

Racism in game.

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

Mate that's the biggest load of shit I've ever seen. 

I said in my experience, not that it was always true. If you felt attacked by my statement that's on you.

Just now, Ulthel said:

I said in my experience, not that it was always true. If you felt attacked by my statement that's on you.

😂😂😂 Bro there it's no way I felt attacked by you trust.

Can I ask, what experience? Where and when? 

5 minutes ago, JamesRP said:

-snip-

I spoke about this months ago in the Discord, my rough question was:

" Is a group that have similar ideals to the IRA allowed"

It was immediately shut down as people in the past were being trolly with it? I don't see why they didn't just ban those involved or have the "Irish Terrorism" group idea as a whitelisted thing where you need to speak with an admin/other staff about it.

Yet a group similar to ISIS was allowed? Seems weird.

I'd say I'm a soft truffle.

1 minute ago, CrescentGent said:

I spoke about this months ago in the Discord, my rough question was:

" Is a group that have similar ideals to the IRA allowed"

It was immediately shut down as people in the past were being trolly with it? I don't see why they didn't just ban those involved or have the "Irish Terrorism" group idea as a whitelisted thing where you need to speak with an admin/other staff about it.

Yet a group similar to ISIS was allowed? Seems weird.

I'd say I'm a soft truffle.

Indeed, it is strange how a group like that was allowed and a group that has similar qualities to the IRA wasnt allowed.

If someone is racist towards you IC and you get offended OOC then maybe you need to take a break as you can’t differentiate between IC and OOC. Take some time to reflect on your thread and think about why the “problem” you have brought up is still present in the server. imagine being in a post apocalyptic world with no law, it would probably be a lot a lot worse. I’m not telling you that racism isn’t a good thing. I’m telling you that it’s a real a real thing. You know what upsets me? When I getting called white boy. Because That’s not racist is it. Why? Because I’m a white. Point is you are playing on a server that actually has the balls to not follow twitch TOS. Role play the racist situation out. Thanks. 

Kind regards Kenny m8

Edited by burRP

4 minutes ago, Beni said:

Can I ask, what experience? Where and when? 

Numerous in person and online tabletop RPG's over 15 years. 

1 minute ago, Ulthel said:

Numerous in person and online tabletop RPG's over 15 years. 

Well that doesn't happen around here b. 

Racism should be roleplayed out maturely, running around screaming "Lynch the blackys" just aint a thing anywhere. Even racist groups aint that on the nose, most people who do it are experienced, its not something someone should jump straight into and think about. Ive played a racist before over a few characters from subtle to on the nose. Getting offended by anything IC is a no no. Just try to separate the harsh words.

As for people streaming, its a roleplay server and if its within the rules you take your own risks hardly anyone elses fault having to play around your stream following the rules.

TL:DR Racism is good

If you want it removed (personally I do) then make a poll and let the community decide. 

I can't contemplate how many times this thread will be made. 

No, go play somewhere else if you can't take your in game feelings being hurt. The world's not a nice place, and the apocalypse should be worse.

As our glorious leader once said;

While I understand why some people might get offended, remember, we trynna be realistic. People would be homophobic and racist, not all of them, but some sure would have survived. Just like when child are still around even tho the climate for it is really fucking bad. Some would have survived.

Neo-Nazis use the number 88 as an abbreviation for the Nazi salute Heil German dictator. The letter H is eighth in the alphabet, whereby 88 becomes HH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_(number)

Find it very ironic that this topic was posted by someone with 88 in their name. 

Time to add this thread to the collection:

Here is my copy paste response from past discussions: 

Well here we go again i guess. 

Banning words is a slippery slope to banning certain ways of RP. We start with the N word and the F word. Then we move on to banning "retard", then we're banning calling women "whores" in-game cause that's sexist. DayZRP doesn't NEED to cater to Streamers, it hasn't needed to for a while and it should never cater to streamers. If we start down this road we'll soon have utimate SJW rules and no fun is allowed. 

Solution? Stream on another DayZ roleplaying server or maybe on GTA V. DayZRP is the biggest community for a reason, there are no SJW rules. I really hope it stays that way because if we start adopting those kinds of "banning words rules" we're gonna see a big decline of the community. 

I've also never seen anyone abuse these words in-game, i can't even remember the last time i heard anyone say the N word. I think it's really blown out of proportion.  

TLDR: Streamers should not have all the political power, if they do we'll start seeing the downfall of the server

Edited by NozzyRP

People cannot draw the difference between using an A and a hard R. I’m playing a character from the hood bro, he says ni**A all the time. That’s not a racist term. If I was going to be racist there would be a hard R, which there simply wasn’t. I have explained this a hundred times in game by this point and I don’t understand how it’s still an issue.

9 minutes ago, IrishChris88 said:

@NozzyRP Again .... 88 was my year of birth ... end of 👍 2nd time stating this but ok.

Well yeah just like we're saying Racism is only IC. For you it might be obvious like "Yeah i was born in 88 that's why i'm have 88 in my name. But just like racism in the game it's not for everyone. So before saying racism in the game shouldn't be there neither should the 88 in your name. 

Just like the IC racism is obvious to us that it's just IC, the 88 in your name is obvious for you but not for us. It's simple

just like to @JewRP the Jew in his name is not racist, but to your friend @Chimmy Chonga it was, it's all just preference.

Edited by NozzyRP

15 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

Well yeah just like we're saying Racism is only IC. For you it might be obvious like "Yeah i was born in 88 that's why i'm have 88 in my name. But just like racism in the game it's not for everyone. So before saying racism in the game shouldn't be there neither should the 88 in your name. 

Just like the IC racism is obvious to us that it's just IC, the 88 in your name is obvious for you but not for us. It's simple

just like to @JewRP the Jew in his name is not racist, but to your friend @Chimmy Chonga it was, it's all just preference.

Real Illuminati hours. 

@NozzyRP he is no friend of mine mate. Don't know the guy. Listen, I think your point is a bit vague. I was on about an obvious intentional racial incident of abuse. Was horrendous RP. Your on about interpretation. Two completely different things. Anyways, the amount of backlash I've recieved from writing this thread has me regretting ever opening my mouth. Hate mail sent privately. I have enjoyed this server and have contributed my own hard earned money to in game purchases as I was committed to it. Anyways, think its all about whats for you. Not for me. And thats cool. Was only wanting to hear other peoples viewpoints. Like I said, I am a new member. All the veterans backlashing me because this thread has apparently been debated about several times. How was I to know? Anyways, it's had no effect so play away. Was just creating discussion.

1 minute ago, IrishChris88 said:

@NozzyRP he is no friend of mine mate. Don't know the guy. Listen, I think your point is a bit vague. I was on about an obvious intentional racial incident of abuse. Was horrendous RP. Your on about interpretation. Two completely different things. Anyways, the amount of backlash I've recieved from writing this thread has me regretting ever opening my mouth. Hate mail sent privately. I have enjoyed this server and have contributed my own hard earned money to in game purchases as I was committed to it. Anyways, think its all about whats for you. Not for me. And thats cool. Was only wanting to hear other peoples viewpoints. Like I said, I am a new member. All the veterans backlashing me because this thread has apparently been debated about several times. How was I to know? Anyways, it's had no effect so play away. Was just creating discussion.

No problem, I understand you 100% completely. I personally think it's the exact same thing but it's all each to their own. Good day to you 🤝

19 minutes ago, IrishChris88 said:

this thread has apparently been debated about several times. How was I to know?

Don't worry about that! Like this, there are many recurrent things that are brought to the discussion every few weeks. It's just that sometimes I feel like discussions are not original, because they have already happened. FYI, other typical ones are:

- "Hostile RPers are attacking people without reason, and should be permabanned with rule 2.3"

- "Campfire RPers are hiding in their bases/weird places in the map"

- "We should be allowed force people to PK, nobody wants to PK"

- "Hostages do not comply"

- "Who has attacker rights if A and B are dynamic allies, then B... then C appears..."

- "The server is dying"

Just let things be. Don't try to change the server too much. And please, don't bring the issue of streamers! XD!

Edited by William89

People really be like "Server is dying"

Go to check the website only to see 78/80. Wild.

It's just words at the end of the day from fake characters on a roleplay server if they where perusing this oocly sure I'd get the argument but if it fits the roleplay why get worked up about it..

44 minutes ago, IrishChris88 said:

If you received hatemail then report it.

If someone is obnoxiously running around spamming racial slurs as a joke and you see it as badrp, then report it.

Community members are expected to be mature here on the forums and in game, and racism is allowed because we are expected to be mature about it. There is good racist RP and there is bad, and if you think you have encountered bad RP and in this case bad racist RP then you should report it. As someone who plays a racist character I know it can bring an interesting dynamic to the server, and it sounds like what happened to you was not mature and not necessary.

There is a difference between racist and troll. If they are going OTT with it ask them to tone it down OOC. If they ignore this and you feel it is not getting anywhere - report it. There is a difference between the two, one is played out correctly, one is pure childishness.