Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 13:32
Sign in to follow this  
BandsRP

What defines a threat?

If someone is around the corner with a gun, and I initiate on his friend, who he has roleplayed with(giving defender rights), would that mean my life is at risk? I would argue yes, since he could easily come around the corner and end my life with his firearm. From a recent report, you can clearly see that Hofer thinks that it doesn't, which resulted in my ban.

4.2 If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke - you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENDER RIGHTS on the attackers. Defender rights allow you to kill attackers for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defender rights can be shared with anyone who you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.

This rule clearly gives the person around the corner rights to kill me, that is obvious. 

Could a man around the corner, with defender rights, and a firearm kill me? Yes
So could my life be in danger? Yes

Since those two statements are true, is there a threat to my life?

Mostly asking the admins on this situation.

EDIT: I am NOT asking if I have defender rights on the man around the corner or anyone at all, as I was the one who initiated, I simply want to know if my life is in danger since the man around the corner could kill me. Even though I dont have attacker rights on him, since I only initiated on his friend, because I am NOT arguing rights, just danger.

Edited by BandsRP
to clarify

15 minutes ago, BandsRP said:

4.2 If you are a defender - the one being initiated on or subjected to other hostile actions that threaten your life which you did not start or provoke 

You gain defender rights in two circumstances.

1) You are initiated on.

2) You are subjected to a hostile action that threatens your life that you did not start or provoke.

I am not sure of which report you are speaking, but in the example you described in your post, no. You do not gain defender rights on someones ally because they have defender rights on you. You started it.

After a quick exchange with BandsRP, I realized I misread the intent of his question. You certainly could consider your life to be in danger if you knew someone you initiated on had allies in the area, as you won't know whether they will try to kill you or not until they give it a go.

The way I see it as a hostile party your life is in danger the minute someone with defender rights raises their weapon in your direction and proceeds to fire.

There can be any number of players around a corner just holding their weapons in their hands casually talking, are they a threat? No 

Each case will be situational but unless they are aiming a gun at you and proceeding to fire at you then your life isn't in danger. Afterall that's the risk of dropping an initiation otherwise anyone can say "oh I saw a guy around the corner and I thought it was the guy I initiated on friend so I shot first"

Sign in to follow this