Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 19:55
Sign in to follow this  
BandsRP

Appeal- Ruleplay 5 Days 10 points

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: I was given ruleplay for a man who didnt comply with my demand of putting his hands up after he went OOC in VOIP, NVFLed and provided badRP

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Out of nowhere this man insulted me, it made no sense, I had never met this guy before, and when I initiated on him, he wanted  to die. He walked towards me with a gun in his face and said that there was no need for that. Then he proceeded to start and animation to put his hands up, then canceled it. Showing to me in the time that he obviously knew how to emote. Maybe I didnt need to shoot him, but my IC actions were justified by his IC actions. He insulted me, then acted like he wanted to die, then he started to comply, but then stopped. Hofer stated that SmithyS had no threat to me, but as far as I knew he could have had a gun in his backpack or clothes, along with his VISIBLE ARMED friend around the corner. It was only after the situation where I learned that person he arrived with was not with him, but I had no way of knowing that at the time. So there was clearly a threat to my life, and seeing how confident he was that I didnt want to initiate on him, and It looked like he was stalling, so it seemed obvious to me that my life was in danger if he didn't surrender at that time. http://prntscr.com/phzwbh <- Screenshot of why I got the ruleplay, since "@SmithyS posed no threat to @BandsRP", yet he clearly did, since the other man would have shared defender rights against me.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Remove points and ban

What could you have done better?: I could have went OOC to respond to his OOC statement made in VOIP.

As can clearly be seen from an "ask the staff" I posted, my life clearly could be in danger in that situation. Since as far as I knew IC, my life was in danger, and if I wasnt quick then I could have easily died in that situation, because the man around the corner could have killed me. After SmithyS was dead and I approached the person around the corner is when I realized he didnt care, and was not going to kill me, but up until that point my life could have been at risk. 

3.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. For example, "rule play" is prioritizing things like kill rights or OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.

My IC actions were clearly justified by the information I had IC. I ICly dint want to die from the potential threat, so I acted quickly, even though knowing what I know now, the situation could have been handled differently.

Edit: I in no way had any intention to kill him when I started the hostile encounter, at most I just wanted to punch him a few times to teach him a lesson about manners.

Edit: also a screenshot of an admin(voodoo) saying that a man with a gun is a threat. http://prntscr.com/pi0tqa
There is other context of this discussion, so if you would like to look into it, check general at 12:14pm EST.

Edited by BandsRP
screenshot

Hello BandsRP,

A separate group of the staff team have reviewed your original punishment and have chosen to deny your appeal.

You do not get to use kill rights because you are concerned about what a potential ally they may or may not have, may or may not do. Had you had any concern about the threat this person may have posed to you, you should have elected not to initiate at that time and instead tried to further role play and lead them away or lead them back to their 'ally' so you could try to initiate on them both. You had many other choices you could have undertaken, and you choose to initiate and then kill the hostage within 9 seconds.

You should have taken the time to assist the player in finding the correct key, not elected to rush using your kill rights over their 'non-compliance' and shooting them in 9 seconds, despite them obviously trying to comply. This is not behavior we will encourage.

With that said: Appeal Denied.

Signed by: @Rover, @Derek Steel