Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 01:35
Sign in to follow this  
SmithyS

S1: Vybor, Time 00:00 UTC

Server and location: Server 1, Vybor

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  (UTC): 2019-10-10, 00:00 Around that time

Your in game name:  Scott Petrov

Names of allies involved:  No one.

Name of suspect/s:  N/A

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Sadly, My mic was not recording so here is the transcript:

Me: Hey dude, wait

him: Woah dude are you following me?

Me: Yeah just wanted to let you know you stink

him: Okay then put your hands up retard

Me: Okay sure, errr. Errm. If my mind was a keyboard what button would it be

him: 3.. .2... 1...

Me: oh no wait

Detailed description of the events: 

I was heading up to vybor to loot when I happened to notice this man, when I approached him I jokingly called him "Stinky" thinking he would be like "wtf okay then" but instead he went all blood-hungry like everyone else who has come across from Arma 3. He then points his gun at my face whilst demanding I put my hands on my head. In the video, you can see I make an attempt to do this. I was unsure what the key was as this is the first time I have been taken hostage // had to put my hands up. I made it clear with him that I did not know how to do this and asked him in an RP way to advise me upon the key I needed to press.
Him Being the clear alpha he is, Began to then count down. with me frantically pushing buttons to make sure I had my hands up he then began to count down, again I relayed this to him I am trying before he then shoots me in the head, I am rather new to this server and it's the first bad RP I have really came up against.

Edited by SmithyS
adding bit on end

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

19:06:39 | Player "Scott Petrov" is connected
- Dead -
22:58:12 | Player "Scott Petrov" has been disconnected

23:19:55 | Player "Luke Britt" is connected
23:28:00 | Player "Luke Britt" has been disconnected

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

22:55:09 | Player "Scott Petrov" hit by Player "Luke Britt" with AK-101 from 2.18767 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler

22:10:53 | Player "Scott Petrov" (DEAD) (pos=<4144.9, 8910.8, 324.5>) killed by Player "Nik Khaos" (pos=<4147.0, 8903.5, 324.2>) with M14 Springfield from 7.64307 meters 
22:55:09 | Player "Scott Petrov" (DEAD) (pos=<4185.1, 8892.8, 324.1>) killed by Player "Luke Britt" (pos=<4187.3, 8892.9, 324.3>) with AK-101 from 2.18767 meters 

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:
@SmithyS | Scott Petrov | OP
@BandsRP | Luke Britt | POSTED

@SmithyS Can you please post the full unedited version of your video evidence.

@SmithyS Can you please explain why you returned to the place of your prior death before the NLR timer had passed.

Spoiler

3.4 When your character dies you lose all memories from the situation that lead to your death. You may not return to the general location where you died for at least 1 hour after your death. You also cannot get involved in the same situation that lead to your death, even if it has moved to a different location or 1 hour has passed. Situation is considered the same as long as any side has active kill rights. Server restarts, crashes or other OOC events do not affect these restrictions or time limit. This is known as "New Life Rule" (NLR).

@Realize apologies regarding this whilst I was running up I decided to loot every town car, on my way back. I did think it was over an hour. My mistake on this.

Regarding the full edit. I did, I had only started recording around 1 minute or so prior hence why my mic wasnt set up.

Regards,

Scott

Edited by SmithyS

MY POV:
I am about to leave vybor industrial when 2 guys walk up, they are talking to the man in the base, so I try to leave. The OP runs up to me and says "stinky", me not suring what I heard, asks what he said, or something along those lines, and then he says something along the lines of, "I wanted to call you stinky." My character doesnt like people shit talking so I told him to put his hands up, he said in voip, "If my mind were a keyboard how would I do that." So I counted down from a number and shot him in the head. Then I went to the other guy at the base, and asked him if the OP was with him, he said no, so I went on my way. 

This man asked me in VOIP what key to press, that is bad rp. If he wanted to ask me how to put his hands up in // chat, then sure I would have told him, but He asked in voip, so my character would have thought this guy is a psycho for thinking his mind is a keyboard. 

I have video evidence, ill post it soon, and then edit it into this post.

@BandsRP in regards to the mind is a keyboard section, the only reason i said that was due to how quickly you was trying to cleary kill me it would of taken more than the 3 seconds to type in chat when trying at the same time to press the f keys. i had to think quick regardless.

Edited by SmithyS

Ill make a new post to respond to what you said, as well as posting my video.
As you can see, you were given over 3 seconds, and you showed NVFL because after my gun was pointed towards your head you put your head almost on the barrel.

In all honesty I could have given you more time to comply, but It would not make any RP sense, for my character to sit there and be patient with a man who thinks his brain is a keyboard.

VERDICT

@BandsRP - Rule play/Invalid kill (roleplayed) - GUILTY
@SmithyS - NLR - GUILTY

REASON

THE RULE PLAY 

@BandsRP and @SmithyS exchanged a few words, before @BandsRP decided to run off to do something else. @SmithyS followed suit and @BandsRP decided to stop. @SmithyS insults @BandsRP. @BandsRP then reacts and turns around to threaten @SmithyS, and initiates.

This is where the trouble starts. @SmithyS showed and tried to roleplay out that he struggled with knowing what key to press to raise his hands. @BandsRP as an experienced community member showed no understanding of the situation, and used the opportunity to take out @SmithyS, which technically is within the rules. @SmithyS posed no threat to @BandsRP either, so it kind of does not make sense to just blast him. This is rule play. There were many other solutions to this situation, and it is frankly disappointing to see a more experienced member take advantage of this situation, instead of being helpful and helping @SmithyS out with a simple "//press F5" message.

You saw and knew that @SmithyS was struggling finding the correct button, and should have helped him out.

The rule broken is the following:

3.3 You may not focus on out of character gains to the detriment of RP. For example, "rule play" is prioritizing things like kill rights or OOC information above more appropriate IC actions or behavior. Always prioritize role play over rule play.

THE NLR AND OOC

@SmithyS you are not allowed to return to the area where you died within one our after your previous death. You did this, and you admitted to doing it in your POV in this report. You will therefore be punished for NLR. Please re-read the following rule.

3.4 When your character dies you lose all memories from the situation that lead to your death. You may not return to the general location where you died for at least 1 hour after your death. You also cannot get involved in the same situation that lead to your death, even if it has moved to a different location or 1 hour has passed. Situation is considered the same as long as any side has active kill rights. Server restarts, crashes or other OOC events do not affect these restrictions or time limit. This is known as "New Life Rule" (NLR).

In addition to this you kind of went OOC over voice. You did however attempt at roleplaying it out by saying something along the lines of "If my mind was a keyboard what key would I press", in a situation where you were at gunpoint. You are new to the community, and we do understand that this situation was stressful and a new experience for you. Just don't do this ever again.

In the future, make sure to always type out OOC messages/information by adding "//" before your typed message. If you do this, the OOC information you give is allowed, as long as it it necessary OOC information.

With that said

OUTCOME

@BandsRP - Rule play/Invalid kill (roleplayed) - 5 DAY BAN, 10 WARNING POINTS
@SmithyS - NLR - 3 DAY BAN, 10 WARNING POINTS

Signed @Hofer & @Samti