Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 11:55 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
IrishChris88

"S1: KoS in unkown location as a result of spawn teleport bug - 09/10/2019 18:49 or 18:50"

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Chernarus Server and no idea as it was a teleportation bug from an immediate log in

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 09/10/2019 18:49 / 18:50

Your in game name: IrishChris88, Chris88 (Kevin O'Shea is my in-game name)

Names of allies involved: no one

Name of suspect/s: no idea. Never heard them speak and didn't identify clothing

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): Gerphelius zIL- 130

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): NONE - No equipment to do so and besides, incident lasted 5 seconds from a spawn.

Detailed description of the events: I logged in right after my game crashed whilst playing with my friends. I was at Solnichniy. However, when I logged in again I was stuck in a Zil with half my body standing on the driver seat and the other half poking out the top of the roof. It was obvious I had spawned in a random location due to a bug.I saw 3 individuals circling me with guns pointed at me. I was confused as I did not recognise the area, people or what was going on. It lasted 5 seconds before they shot me. I was given no warning, I had no gun equipped in my hands and I never initiated or moved. All I did was move in one spot in a continuous circle. I was of no threat. They shot first and asked no questions or tried to engage in RP

Edited by IrishChris88

CONNECTION LOGS:

Spoiler

18:45:22 | Player "Kevin O Shea" is connected
-DEAD-
18:53:27 | Player "Kevin O Shea" has been disconnected

17:35:28 | Player "Skott White" is connected
18:42:15 | Player "Skott White" has been disconnected
18:42:33 | Player "Skott White" is connected
-CURRENTLY CONNECTED-

17:34:10 | Player "Christoph Christopherson" is connected
18:41:59 | Player "Christoph Christopherson" has been disconnected
18:42:08 | Player "Christoph Christopherson" is connected
-CURRENTLY CONNECTED-

17:54:37 | Player "Justin Rowley" is connected
17:55:46 | Player "Justin Rowley" has been disconnected
17:59:01 | Player "Justin Rowley" is connected
18:43:31 | Player "Justin Rowley" has been disconnected
18:46:42 | Player "Justin Rowley" is connected
-CURRENTLY CONNECTED-

HIT LOGS:

Spoiler

18:46:11 | Player "Kevin O Shea" hit by Player "Skott White" with Steyr AUG from 3.01775 meters 

KILL LOGS:

Spoiler

18:46:11 | Player "Kevin O Shea" (DEAD) killed by Player "Skott White" with Steyr AUG from 3.01775 meters 

Calling in the following people to post their Point of Views & any video evidence they may have:

@IrishChris88 | Kevin O Shea | OP
@Brandon5491 | Justin Rowley | POSTED
@CHRIST THONG | Christoph Christopherson | POSTED
@wrighty83uk | Skott White | 

As @wrighty83uk@Brandon5491 + @CHRIST THONG have not been on the forums for an extended period of time and are not regular forum users, they will both be temp banned until they provide their full and detailed POV's, alongside any un-edited video evidence they have.

@Brandon5491 your temp ban has been lifted. Please keep an eye on the report just in case we require further answers.

Well at the time I was relogging. I did hear what happened in our discord channel, from what I heard was that someone bassicly spawned inside our truck. And Skott and Chris gave multiple warnings to step out of the vehicle as we were gathering items to set up a base.

So from hearing all of this I assumed someone was stealing the vehicle.  Mind you the server was glitchy and laggy at this time as well. I did hear Chris and Scott react to wheter or not to shoot said person sitting in the vehicle behind the driver seat. Unfortunately since no response was given to multiple warnings to step out of the vehicle a shot was fired. I logged back on after perhaps a minute or 2 after the shot was fired.
It was a very weird situation because of the state of the server as well and the fact that someone just randomly spawned into the vehicle according to Scott and Chris.

And I can confirm that a dead body was found underneath the drivers seat.

I do apologise for what happened but from what happened all I can say is that warnings were given and I know that neither Chris nor Scott would just randomly pull the trigger. I know that they felt threatened by the fact that someone just randomly spawned in the driver seat of our vehicle and that we got concerned that someone would steal all of our found belongings

Posted (edited)

As I said  "when I logged in again I was stuck in a Zil with half my body standing on the driver seat and the other half poking out the top of the roof." "All I did was move in one spot in a continuous circle. I was of no threat" I could not get my character to put his hands up. Nor did I have a gun in my hand. You had no reason to feel threatened or shoot. You didn't engage in any meaningful RP or try to speak with me as far as I could hear. As the log shows, the contact between me , you and your friends lasted 11 seconds if I am not mistaken? Pointless...... This is an RP server or is it?

Edited by IrishChris88

And warnings were given but no response was showed whatsoever. And with the ongoing tension of this anarchy group and potential bandits in the area. And I can see no reason as to why either Chris or Scott would lie about a player sitting in the driver seat. I heard them issueing warnings over and over again. Yes it's an RP server and warnings were given to a potential threat, from our point of view.

First of all. Calm down, like I said before I do apologise and feel sorry as I myself know how this feels like, however Due take into consideration that the server itself was completely glitchy at the time, and once again I wasn't logged in to witness the event itself. All I could do was listen and react to what was happening.

Once again the fact that my companions would even say that someone is behind the wheel in our truck, surprised me the most considering that just minutes before this happened there was visibly no one in the area. Second the fact that this person was sitting in the driver's seat is very odd, not saying that it's your fault, but it is fishy, and again we wouldn't shoot anyone unarmed for no reason whatsoever. I heard it very clearly, I heard multiple warnings of stepping outside of the vehicle and unfortunately no response was given. Now look I can only do so much as I was not present in game.

I do advise you to calm down. You're not helping anyone with that tone. Just wait for what's gonna happen and we'll figure it out then.

Once again I know it probably means BS to you, but I do feel sorry that this happened the way it did.

I am as Calm as you like lol Just irritated by lies. I spawned in and was NOT sitting in any driver seat. I was active for 11 seconds before they shot me. Like I said and for a third time:

"when I logged in again I was stuck in a Zil with half my body standing on the driver seat and the other half poking out the top of the roof."

Look like I said I can only say what I heard. Just look at my connection log. I was relogging at the time of the incident so I wasn't present in game. I did however hear the warnings over and over again, and eventually the debate to wheter shoot or not since no reply was given whatsoever. Look if this was a KOS WITH no reason I would own up to the part of the blame as expected to. But I still stand by my report.

Posted (edited)

And as you know at the time the server was acting very weird. And that's the reason I had to log in and out multiple times during today's session. Especially during the later hours.

But it just seems to me that whatever happened was a case of allot of bad luck and bad timing. I mean what are the odds of someone spawning into our truck while we had intentions of driving away the second I came back online. And lets be fair, how would you react if suddenly someone popped into your truck with items you just got? I know my initial reaction would be 3 warnings and if no response is given, I would have to pull the trigger. Because Id feel threatened by the fact that some stranger just randomly popped up in the driver seat at the beginning of night time as well, I'd honestly take that for a theft.

But just like I said, I just think it's bad timing and allot of bad luck that you just happened to spawn in the driver's seat when night began to fall.

Edited by Brandon5491

Posted (edited)

I've said all I have to say. However, since youve asked... if you truely want to know what I would of done? Yes, I would of pointed my gun at the player. But .... I would not of shot as my hands were down by my side, no gun in my hand, and you outnumbered me. You guys had all the advantage.  It should of been clear that it was a bug because of how I spawned in and how I looked (stuck in the vehicle half in and half out in a standing position). My character in game is non violent. Check my profile. If your friends engaged in more than 11 seconds of RP, I would of got the chance to prove that.

Edited by IrishChris88

Again I was not in game to witness the event. You should take this up to them. I do know that Scott was standing in the bed of the truck so I'm pretty sure he only saw your top half thru the back window. And I do assume that Chris would've spotted your lower half. Again i can only recall the minutes before your spawn glitch happened as I've said multiple times I was not in game to witness the event.

But you keep mentioning the fact that a gun has to be in hand to feel threatened, I disagree. I mean theft is a reason to pull the trigger, especially if it seems that this person could just drive off with something that doesn't belong to them.

That's enough back and forward between the two of you @IrishChris88 and @Brandon5491. Take it to private messages if you want to continue.

We await further POVs.

Good morning,

First of all, after reading this I would firstly like to apologise for what has happened here. However, this all could have been avoided if Kevin O Shea had actually participated in verbal communication. You should always be prepared to speak on a RP server.

I think everyone on the server last night now knows that there was some serious connection issues for quite some time. We were having problems with opening doors and holding objects for a significant amount of time.

However, here is my version of events...

My character Christoph Christopherson climbed in to the passenger seat of the vehicle and saw someone climbing into the drivers seat and immediately thought it was one of my companions but they were not dressed the same. I immediately jumped out of the truck and asked my companions to roll call. Skott was stood on the back of the truck and Justin was not around. This confirmed that the character was not part of our group. I ran round to the drivers side and raised my weapon and shouted twice to get out of the truck, no response was given. A third warning was given when Skott shouted "get out of the truck or I will shoot".

At this time, I was stood by the drivers door and Skott was stood on the rear on the truck looking through the window. I was also asking my companions if they knew who it was as it was very confusing.

Unfortunately, tensions were extremely high due to it being dark and next to the woods. Only 10 minutes prior to this event, there was a message over the radio from the group known as Anarchy asking that everyone register their vehicles. After being mobbed by Anarchy on two previous occasions, we assumed it must have been them trying to take all of our survival gear again.

As everyone can probably agree, hindsight is a wonderful thing. No one would ever expect a character to "spawn" into the drivers seat of a groups highly loaded vehicle in a remote area which is nowhere near any spawn site.

Regretfully, Kevin was shot due to no response to our warnings or showing any signs of getting out and because he was sat in the drivers seat of our vehicle and could have drove off at any second causing us to lose everything and potentially causing Skott to die from falling off the back of the truck if he accelerated away.

Our group are pacifists who are looking to simply survive and help others in need. Only several hours before this event, my character met Justin in an extremely tense situation at the airfield but we were able to role play the scenario out and became friends. In this time a bond grew between two survivors who spent hours going out of each others way to help the other. We have never been aggressors towards anyone we have encountered. We did not go out looking to murder anyone last night.

It is a regretful situation on everyone's part. However, communication is key at all interactions. This encounter lasted longer than 11 seconds. My clumsy character wouldn't be able to run around the truck in that time.

We do not have any recordings of this event.

@CHRIST THONG your temp ban has been removed. Keep an eye on the report for further questions.

Verdict:

Due to a lack of visual evidence we are unable to properly rule on the possible invalid kill made, causing the staff team to rule this report inconclusive. Even so if @wrighty83uk wished to be unbanned he has to create an appeal with his full and detailed POV and possible video evidence of the situation.

with that said, we advise you to always record any situation you are in in case of a rule-break.

Result:

Invalid Kill - Accused - INCONCLUSIVE

@wrighty83uk - Will be verdict-ed through appeal

signed: @Hofer & @Samti