Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 11:27 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alkis

Where are the groups at ?

As of late I seem to struggle to find a bigger cluster of organized people in the apocalypse. 

I don't lack any role-play on my way around the map but usually it's maybe a group of 1-3 people.

Surely I meet groups on the daily bases but it's usually the same ones that already seemed to have heavily established their presence.

While looking at the Official groups i would say i maybe see 10-20% regularly.

Where are to small groupies at !? ❤️ 

@AndreyQ and I would also like to know. Can't find anybody anymore, except for this shit of course.

Barely meet people anymore, if I do they are the representation of generic person 1 or maybe generic person 2. Rarely do I meet people that seem to have at least some sort of personality.

Most the groups are hiding away because they don't want their RP mingled with. It's literal shit and sucked all my will to play. Thanks.

@AndreyQ talking about personality 😉 

Tbh, a lot of people also aren't playing on the server right now. I keep hearing feedback from various people ranging from "I hate getting robbed/initiated on every time I have a interaction with someone that it feels pointless to log on anymore, even if I don't have anything worth taking, sometimes by the same people several times in the same day."  to "well I can't find anyone to RP with so I just don't log on anyways, I spent X hours running the map and encountering no one and just log off bored."

🤷‍♀️

Two fold, I can promise you not everyone is hiding in debug or in bases because once a base is found it's robbed blind or 15 people roll up to initiate on it and it folds. Perhaps if people were more creative with their own provided RP and not defaulting to the tired old "hands up, ten seconds" or the "Ack stranger danger fleeeee" response it creates then maybe we'd have more people walking around and chatting to others, or hubs/places for others to gather at.

literally just a death match server that requires initiations 

My honest opinion of the server as of late is that it's an Altis life server but on DayZ.

Well by how the forums look it looks as if half the player base does laps around military bases looking for their RP edgy outfits, M4s and AKs, find them, get robbed, and just do it over again.

I think we should turn military areas into PVP areas and maybe they wont spend so much time there. But no, people want re-gearing to be a walk in the park so they can bump into random people in dangerous areas and have the classic "do you have any ____?" Convo.

Posted (edited)

I do agree that people are hiding but groups are moving around. Go to Vybor. There is a group there. And you can find the Vybor Checkpoint near by. I know people hang out there. Groups are mobile now because bases are often raided. Just hang in there y'all. Things will pick up. Just be patient and go have some fun. I find exploring and seeing the woods and mountains quite full filling. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Redwood Radio is currently on the move. Maybe you will spot a couple of us just roaming around the map.

We used to stay at one certain location all the time, what would make sense for a radio group. But since there are bigger threads facing us right now it is best to stay on the move.

Like Jim Smokes said, anytime a rp hub pops up it is constantly attacked by hostile groups. Having a public location just doesn't work. Even if you do not get attacked, you will still get raided every single night basically. Also from what i am hearing a lot of people have gotten tired of the state of the server lately and do not bother to log in anymore. As of the group i'm in, we have archived and as far as I am aware none of us plays dayzrp anymore. I don't know why the 503 is still under the groups page though, admins must have forgotten to remove it.

Posted (edited)

Well, I just recently rejoined and am currently working towards doing my own settlement thing, so god have mercy on me if what you all say is true regarding settlements and RP hubs, lol. But if groups are what your searching for, you often want to look in the North-West. Some groups are listed as active, but are not actually. If you found a few large groups and are looking for RP, start interacting with them on a daily basis! This might not work if you are looking for passive RP and you meet a bunch of cannibals or joker-wannabes, but im sure if you really wanted you could apply to join a friendly group, OR  just form your own group with some like-minded friends.

TLDR: If you want to interact with larger RP groups, join an existing one or take steps towards forming your own! If you need clarification or have other questions, just mass mention me or anyone else! Well maybe not everyone else. Consent is key.

Edited by TryaxReck

Odezva is also on the move 24/7

10 hours ago, APositiveElmo said:

except for this shit of course.

This is so funny! You made me laugh! XD!

@Alkis you should visit Altar. Fun people live there.

10 hours ago, Jim Smokes said:

Anytime an RP hub goes up, people get attacked and attacked because hostile groups know where to find people.

Hell, just look at the shenanigans that go on at green mountain to those poor charity boys. They're just helping people and they still get attacked again and again because its one of the few places where you can go and find someone most of the time.

Basically, no one is saying where they are hanging out because if they do, they will be insta robbed. Right now, one group requires you to have a base permit, other groups force you to pay a fee or else you'll be robbed 

If anyone disagrees, please refer to the Lopatino RP hub. Wolfpack kind of had a thing going in Cherno with the legion defence going on, but they were still robbed frequently from what I heard. 

Tl;Dr a recent rise in hostile RP has forced groups and their roleplay into hiding. With groups being able to roll around in trucks now with 10 guys, anytime information about a location comes over the radio, a hostile group can be there in just a few minutes.

Green Mountain is still standing strong tho we did have to have a severe increase in our protection and such so it looks much more fortified then it normally would be but I can confirm a normal week is 7-10 raids and a dozen or so holdups at the place so its genuinely hard to run and I have stressed out more then I should have IRL but truthfully I genuinely enjoy giving stuff to people it's always ends with "Oh well I don't feel comfortable just taking this stuff from you" to which we reply with "Don't worry about it keep it and if you still feel obligated then you can obviously donate to our donation box" tho to be honest if a group does come to take it ill likely take a break for a while tho truthfully the fools who take it next likely wont last there too long due to the constant attacks that happen.

Just for the argument sake. I do understand it's discouraging to go look for RP and not find it. I try to play this game as a survival simulator. Not everyone plays ex-soldier driven by revenge. Most of my chars are civilian and weak. So if I get robbed couple of times, if my stash gets raided couple of times, why my character would try to meet more people? Due to the robberies and raiding he tries to avoid potential problems, so he won't go to the places he got robbed many times. He won't rebuilt or advertise his location. For me it's valuing my characters life - a safe aproach, instead of running straight towards shots or seeing somebody in the distance and b-lining while waving hands. I guess that can be extended to the group v group relationships. And don't get me wrong, I can't remember last shitty robbery that I had, most of them were very good and developed my character with small baby steps (towards lack of trust) but if somebody has a base in one location and you raid once a week, you may think it's ok and it is. But this dude get's raided by every other hostile group once a week, so when you sum it up it's being raided 24/7. Don't you think that may be discouraging? People seem to be against hiding behind the walls in the middle of the forest but why on earth I would go to hostile zones if I value my characters life? It's just realistic. These are just some points I want to make - I do enjoy travelling around (almost) the whole map and meeting people or spying/following them before the aproach.

Well i get robbed today but it was a honest raid or i don't know how to say it but the thief took only the essencial it was only 1 pliers 2 hammers and a couple of nailes and i was stocked of everything i mean only with tools for my base, and a month and a half i met @Husky. group before forming the 503. but I dont complain , i am agree with @DerrickStorm about that many of the characters that were created are all ex military or former convicts and you are protecting the life of your character so that is why there are no many interactions with others people on the server even when from moments is 70/80 population active.

It seems to keep coming back to the same issue every time

• Hostile groups unhappy everyone is hiding
  • Campfires unhappy if they step outside they just get robbed
  • Randoms unhappy that theres no -one around.

It seems to me the issue is the hostile RP. If people could venture out occasionally without fear of being robbed by group A, the next day robbed by group B, the next by Random person whose just been robbed themselves etc, then they would more likely be more comfortable walking around populated areas.

Robbery, in whatever form, seems rife at the minute on the server so its no surprise people go hide away and internal RP.

This isn’t a dig at hostile RP’rs, not all of them rob people and im having some great hostile RP at the minute with a group that doesn’t involve robbery but maybe next time you are about to initiate on a random you find walking around, maybe RP with them a bit before hand. Find out if they just been through the same thing the day before and maybe just give them a break.

If all the prey gets eaten, eventually the predators starve…..

Edited by andysuter

When people realize that this is a roleplay server and that they are not the main character of a story written just for them maybe they would realize that roleplay is 2 sided. 

If you either stay at your base for eternity and hide, run alone to the corner of the map and play the loner or just run away from everyone you see go play on a private hive.

If you get robbed then so what? Its not like your dead you can always go and regear its not like that m4 will never ever spawn again, and if the RP was terrible go and report it, we have rules for a reason.

If you want the PVE experience of having that full set and only having friendly encounters while having to worry only about the zombies then maybe you shouldn't be playing here 🤷‍♂️

Just seems off that i see more RP on the radio thread than actually ingame.

Also maybe the Loremasters should do some events, its been dry as hell lately 

I got taken hostage and robbed for the first time ever the other day (amazed it took so long) and I loved it, I think I was lucky that the RP was so good perhaps, I'm still wandering around alone, cautiously optimistic while realistically alert and vigilant.

My character is pretty hopeless with firearms which actually makes roaming around alone more fun as each encounter with infected becomes a mini stealth mission, I've quite often been found by other players while trapped by infected as they hear/see the commotion, not gearing up like Rambo and not carrying a backpack can actually be fun, if it's evident you have nothing much to rob then would-be bandits tend to engage with more RP asking about your circumstances from the offset.

Worth trying the more minimalistic approach from time to time to see what happens I think.

16 hours ago, tossVC said:

literally just a death match server that requires initiations 

not really

there are actual people that want to RP with you on deathmatch servers

50 minutes ago, JewRP said:

When people realize that this is a roleplay server and that they are not the main character of a story written just for them maybe they would realize that roleplay is 2 sided. 

If you either stay at your base for eternity and hide, run alone to the corner of the map and play the loner or just run away from everyone you see go play on a private hive.

If you get robbed then so what? Its not like your dead you can always go and regear its not like that m4 will never ever spawn again, and if the RP was terrible go and report it, we have rules for a reason.

If you want the PVE experience of having that full set and only having friendly encounters while having to worry only about the zombies then maybe you shouldn't be playing here 🤷‍♂️

Just seems off that i see more RP on the radio thread than actually ingame.

Also maybe the Loremasters should do some events, its been dry as hell lately 

I actually agree with that. And yes, the Lore Masters should do some more events. Maybe a zombie event? I know anarchy goes around looking for people. It's like the RP Brigade is coming to town. Especially when y'all have those trucks. Talk about an entrance. 

58 minutes ago, JewRP said:

Im not sure if youre referring to me @JewRP but a main part of my RP at the minute is hiding for a reason. I cant just walk around blowing bubbles for reasons you know.

But for others, I see both sides. The hostile RP is more often just robbery RP for gear purposes. There are very few people that do make it fun for the victim. Most of the groups are experienced at providing the good RP in these situations but the many small, dynamic groups/ bunches of mates, don’t do this. It is just gear RP for them. The only times ive been taken and not managed to talk my way out was by Ryan shepard and district and Charlie and the mafia. Both times it led to some of the best RP ive had on the server.

Also don’t forget someones RP doesn’t have to be about running around looking for people or waving flags letting everyone know they are there. Maybe they are happy just RP’ing around a single town or base on there own or with a group, RP'ing with whoever turns up., or going for hike along a trail. Its not as simple as prey and predators.

Edited by andysuter