Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 20:46
Sign in to follow this  
FritzB

Lag problem german player

Hello, my problem is when i play on your server i have sometimes lags for 1-3 seconds. Zombies and players are jumping between lags 2-3m. I have a ping between 120-180ms. I know it is not perfect, but i play with some friends from the UK and they have the same ping. They have not any lag issues. I pinged your server and it says average ping is 133ms what isn't too bad but i nearly have 20% package loss  all the time i ping it what i think is the main problem.

I restarted my router, closed every program what isn't needed but it's not getting better.

any ideas? german players here who fixed it maybe?  I'm a bit frustrated because i really want to play on this server.

Thanks for your help

Posted (edited)

What you're describing sounds more like FPS lag than actual latency lag. I suggest maybe looking on the side of your system performance and hardware instead of internet connection. Lower your graphic settings and see if it helps for example.

Edited by OldSchool

Throw in your PC specs to see what's what

5 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

What you're describing sounds more like FPS lag than actual latency lag. I suggest maybe looking on the side of your system performance and hardware instead of internet connection. Lower your graphic settings and see if it helps for example.

On other servers i can play everything on high and it's no problem. I've tried with setting everything on medium but it hasn't change the problem. But thanks for trying to help

1 minute ago, Alan Woods said:

Throw in your PC specs to see what's what

I will do when i am at home. Thx

Not German, but Dutch (close enough)
I also get laggspikes sometimes. It has nothing to do with the specs of my PC, but just the fact that the server is hosted in the USA.

I sometimes get that people are talking to me and I hear the first sentence and a random pause and then the rest of the sentence.
This does not really affect my gameplay as it is only like once or twice per playing session that I notice it.

Got the same thing on Monday when I played. Also german. Figured it's because the server was full. Don't think that was the case last week when  i played and didn't have problems then.

Yeah i know it's over the big pond. But for me it is unplayable like it was yesterday. I could not even hit a Z because when i was trying to hit them they where not there where i saw them. Really sad

I feel you man, i feel you. 

Also try to lower the graphic settings and maybe when you launch the game make sure that nothing is open in the background, like google chrome or any other app

Are you playing over wifi or ethernet?

I have problems over wifi even with low ping and packet loss. As soon as i go hard wire, problem goes away

20% package loss you say?

Do you only have this issue specifically on DayZRP, or do you experience the same issue elsewhere?

Additionally, like @andysuter asked, do you use a WiFi connection or an Ethernet connection?

i tried it out today and everything worked fine till there are more players online. when i started there was about 24/80 nearly no problems. now there are nearly 60 people online and it starts again like yesterday. on an eu server there are no problems