Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 21:13
Sign in to follow this  
Malet

Vehicles as attacking tools

This recently closed report brought up a question I couldnt find clarified in the rule section or any other report before.

In this situation a truck was used as a ram to forcefully stop another vehicle before an actual initiation via voice or text was dropped. This truck wasnt used as a road block so that the party in the car could have stopped and avoided crashing into said truck, but was actively driven into them and by this risking without valid kill rights harm or even death to the people inside the car. In other reports mainly the problem "Car vs pedestrians" was debated so here are my questions that were left unanswered in the report:

1. Is it allowed to ram other vehicles of the road without an initiation and if not, what rule violation would this count as? Attempted KOS/Invalid Kill?

2. If Car A gets initiated on by Car B during a car chase, what options do the inhabitants of Car A have if they would like to comply and surrender but the driver of Car A continues speeding? Jumping out of the driving car could potentially be lethal and be seen as NVFL.

3. How can the inhabitants of Car A from the previous mentioned point signal their surrender to the chasing party in the best possible way as voices can be difficult to hear in two speeding cars and Text isnt reliable due to varying distances between the parties during a chase?

Thank you for bringing this up to the staff team @Malet. We will be looking into this closely and will reply when we have an answer. We appreciate your involvement with the community and will always strive to be better. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

1 hour ago, Malet said:

This recently closed report brought up a question I couldnt find clarified in the rule section or any other report before.

In this situation a truck was used as a ram to forcefully stop another vehicle before an actual initiation via voice or text was dropped. This truck wasnt used as a road block so that the party in the car could have stopped and avoided crashing into said truck, but was actively driven into them and by this risking without valid kill rights harm or even death to the people inside the car. In other reports mainly the problem "Car vs pedestrians" was debated so here are my questions that were left unanswered in the report:

1. Is it allowed to ram other vehicles of the road without an initiation and if not, what rule violation would this count as? Attempted KOS/Invalid Kill?

2. If Car A gets initiated on by Car B during a car chase, what options do the inhabitants of Car A have if they would like to comply and surrender but the driver of Car A continues speeding? Jumping out of the driving car could potentially be lethal and be seen as NVFL.

3. How can the inhabitants of Car A from the previous mentioned point signal their surrender to the chasing party in the best possible way as voices can be difficult to hear in two speeding cars and Text isnt reliable due to varying distances between the parties during a chase?

I am not familiar with any old rules that may or may not have existed around this, so I'll answer to the best of my ability based on the current rules.

1.) It is not addressed in the rules explicitly, however any action that has the potential of killing another player could be seen as an attempted invalid kill. This is in my eyes similar to how we view punching people in role play. If you do it and they don't die, lucky you! If you do it and they die, then that is an invalid kill. In this case if you are ramming another vehicle that you just saw, I'd personally likely be classing it as Invalid Kill (On Sight), but it is obviously by situation.

2.)  The members of Car A should tell their driver to stop or let them out, and attempt to take actions to comply. If they can't because the driver is going too fast and tumbling out of the vehicle would likely kill them, I'd be loathe to consider their actions as non-compliant, as they have no choice in the matter. However once the car is stopped or kept under control, they should be readily and immediately compliant. If they get shot during the chase because people were trying to shoot the driver, I'm honestly not sure how to consider it. This would be something very dependent on the specifics of the situation, but I would be leaning towards invalid kill or attempted invalid kill, as it is always the responsibility of the aggressor to assure they are shooting at the proper targets, and the passengers have no means to control the vehicle.

3.)  They can text RP something like: "The passenger in the back left has their hands up" or something of that nature. Remain in the vehicle and listen to the aggressors as best they can when the opportunity presents itself. I would encourage players not to get into vehicles with drivers more brave/aggressive then themselves.

Sign in to follow this