Crim

Shadowplay Issues

Question

Up until a few days ago I've never had any issues with Shadowplay.  For some reason, as seen in the brief video below it now won't record in full screen.  I've never tinkered with any settings like launch parameters or config files as I've a good PC, and there's been no recent changes to my PC.

This only happens with DayZ as with other games I don't have to do the alt+tab trick to correct the brightness.

I have tried windowed mode then alt + enter but that would result in recordings that are too dark.  Any help would be much appreciated, I cannot find a problem like this online.  I know I can use OBS but I bloody hate it.

Edited by Crim

9 answers to this question

Hi there,

I have this problem too. Only when I start up the game my Dayz screen is for 25% off the monitor.
I normally go to settings, set the resolotion to 1600 x 900 and then back to 1920 x 1080 and click on Apply.
I hope this will fix your problem.

i started up dayz for the first time in 2 weeks last night and it was doing this to me too. .window'ing it in lower right corner / bleeding onto next screen. i literally just let the game load, close out of it and then start it again and its full screen again.. very strange

i wish that dayz and shadowplay would stop fighting with each other so much :(

Do the ctrl alt enter method then use the NVIDIA control panel found on your screen when left clicking it and tune up the gamma, that way you game works and you have nice properly lit footage.

TurySLk.png

Note:

Does this also happen when you normally tab out and not using the select function?

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Do the ctrl alt enter method then use the NVIDIA control panel found on your screen when left clicking it and tune up the gamma, that way you game works and you have nice properly lit footage.

TurySLk.png

Note:

Does this also happen when you normally tab out and not using the select function?

Q.  Does this also happen when you normally tab out and not using the select function?

A.  It only happens when I start a recording if that's what you mean?  The issue itself is not unique to me, which is a good thing.  The gamma trick does work, the resolution trick that @Ramon also provided works, and I suppose I could use OBS, so please /solve the thread.  Thanks for all the responses! :D

Edited by Crim

My input may be useless but I've heard a lot of bad things about Shadowplay and Dayz, I'd recommend finding another software.

In the past I've used Fraps, and Dxtory. Fraps is good for quality but your frame rate plummets, while Dxtory may take like 2 frames total off, and it's still pretty good quality as well. I'd recommend using Dxtory myself, it's simple and it's not difficult to figure out.

On 1/11/2017 at 5:23 AM, Eagle said:

TurySLk.png

Note:

@Eagle I am curious if this will also compensate for too dark recordings in general but will not affect the gamma while in-game? For example changing gamma in DayZ has no impact on recording in Shadowplay as far as I can tell (I'm new to the tool), it is only client-side for in-game play.

I get this too. Just click the "Peek at desktop" and then back in to the game. 

16 hours ago, BOLDEdition said:

@Eagle I am curious if this will also compensate for too dark recordings in general but will not affect the gamma while in-game? For example changing gamma in DayZ has no impact on recording in Shadowplay as far as I can tell (I'm new to the tool), it is only client-side for in-game play.

It only brightens your screen and not the footage, but to have proper brightness when recording DayZ while using shadow play is having it in window mode and Ctrl-Alt-Enter.