TryaxReck

Factory Workers

Are you guilty of not being a factory worker?   43 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

After roleplaying on S2 for awhile, I realized that everyone I met (10 people total) were all either doctors or soldiers. Other than that one guy who sold vending machines for a living, they were all pretty much the same. But the one job that is MOST needed and LEAST used is a Factory Worker! Think about it, most of Chernarus's infrastructure includes producing power and building stuff.  I want to hear opinions on this to see what other people think on the matter, so if you have something to say, say it!

Right, but I mean you have to factor in who would survive an apocalypse in a rather poor country like Chernarus. A large majority are likely going to have some type of justified background to have survived so long when it's a worldwide infection. In Chernarus soldiers obviously would have training and access to firearms. A factory worker on the other hand probably would have no firearms, and little training for survival. Your occupation doesn't define you, but your occupation likely would have some suggestion as to how you've managed to survive so long. 

I myself noticed a decrease in military survivors in my time playing DayZRP. Maybe you've been unlucky

I never actually thought of that, but like post said Factory Workers weren't really trained for survival as soldiers were. Also a Factory worker doesn't seem that interesting to people as a Doctor or a Soldier would. But I do agree that there was a ton of industry in Chernarus, so a factory worker would be common.

I myself play a Russian soldier and in all fairness, I've seen fewer soldier characters running about and more of the normal survivors making the best out of what they got but you're right I've only met one factory worker for the entire time I've been here.

yeah there used to be marines and navy seals running around everywhere. not so much anymore. But if another wave of newbies come in from a youtuber then it will go back up unfortunately

53 minutes ago, Post said:

Right, but I mean you have to factor in who would survive an apocalypse in a rather poor country like Chernarus. A large majority are likely going to have some type of justified background to have survived so long when it's a worldwide infection. In Chernarus soldiers obviously would have training and access to firearms. A factory worker on the other hand probably would have no firearms, and little training for survival. Your occupation doesn't define you, but your occupation likely would have some suggestion as to how you've managed to survive so long. 

I guess so, but think of ratios. The amount of Factory workers to soldiers would probably be huge. Like 15 workers for every military man. Although Factory workers may not have the skill, the sheer number of how many were in chernarus would leave a fair sum of survivors workers.

Farming is the best chance of survival, honestly. My guy lived off of the land he raised in the mountains, and is one beefy motherfucker.

2 hours ago, TryaxReck said:

I guess so, but think of ratios. The amount of Factory workers to soldiers would probably be huge. Like 15 workers for every military man. Although Factory workers may not have the skill, the sheer number of how many were in chernarus would leave a fair sum of survivors workers.

Well Chernarus just got out of a civil war, so id say the most common would be a CDF soldier or a NAPA rebel.

Mine is fx a NAPA rebel, he had a job before the civil war, but he would consider his most current occupation "freedom fighter" or NAPA rebel.

And i dont think sole numbers would help in surviving. 

I have ran into that many soldiers since my time here, think you just been unlucky mate.

I'm new to DayzRP and haven't actually gotten on the server yet (waiting for a friend to get whitelisted so we can start together), but i chose to be part of the UN force that came to Chernarus. I chose it simply because i didn't want to have to do a russian accent all the time, also it seemed like a fun character to RP as. Soldiers are just fun because it gives an IC reason for someone to be proficient with firearms (especially military ones).

Back in mod, lots of the zombies had factory worker skins. I'd imagine most of the locals got wiped out considering how sudden it all was. Makes sense that foreigners are more common considering nearly every local died.

I'd love to see some ordinary characters like engineers or maybe mine workers instead of having everyone already accustomed to killing. Granted it's a ways into the infection now. I guess what i'm trying to say is I would like to meet people with legitimate skills other than Mr. NavySealDeltaForceGreenBeret