Rolle

Staff Feedback

3446 posts in this topic

@MapleMooses & @Mental

Kudos to you guys for staying as mature as possible about this situation. Maple, stepping up and accepting responsibility is a huge step in the right direction, and you gained a lot of respect from me and I believe many others. Mental, you respond to questions even when you don't know the answers completely but you give it a try. I was definitely one of those people pissed off about the rushing of the report, but I really appreciate you two stepping up and not stooping down to a level of name calling. It's easy to be blinded when you're pissed off, but credit is given where it is due. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Billy said:

-nvm-

Ontopic though: @Bran @Earthwalker You guys are doing good, I've seen you guys in the question threads answering people and both of you actively sitting in the help desk. Keep it up.

Cheers Billy. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mental said:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about

dude hasn't slept in like three days, I wouldn't mind him. love you puddin but go to sleep bro.

On topic: What Billy said. Earthwalker and mclolable/Brandon (I refuse to call you Bran Stark) are putting in that work. Keep it up, I hope to see you boys in green very soon.

Also good work (mostly) from GM team working through reports, just don't rush 'em. We love you the same either way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cipher said:

dude hasn't slept in like three days, I wouldn't mind him. love you puddin but go to sleep bro.

On topic: What Billy said. Earthwalker and mclolable/Brandon (I refuse to call you Bran Stark) are putting in that work. Keep it up, I hope to see you boys in green very soon.

Also good work (mostly) from GM team working through reports, just don't rush 'em. We love you the same either way.

Thanks man. Knew you were in my corner from day 1 and that carried me to get my orange name.

Thanks for the feedback

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keione said:

@MapleMooses & @Mental

Kudos to you guys for staying as mature as possible about this situation. Maple, stepping up and accepting responsibility is a huge step in the right direction, and you gained a lot of respect from me and I believe many others. Mental, you respond to questions even when you don't know the answers completely but you give it a try. I was definitely one of those people pissed off about the rushing of the report, but I really appreciate you two stepping up and not stooping down to a level of name calling. It's easy to be blinded when you're pissed off, but credit is given where it is due. 

Thank you, always nice to receive something good when there's drama going on :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mental said:

Thank you, always nice to receive something good when there's drama going on :D

Just when I thought there was progress.  Why does it have to be drama?  Take it as feedback or constructive criticism.  This is part of why the "drama" happens.

On the other hand, your recent verdicts have been written in a clear, concise manner which is fantastic.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to give my complimentary pat on the back to @Noxious for calmly listening to my incoherent, sleep deprived shrieks for help. Very resourceful, good with the google. Helpful. Soothing voice. Great work. Thanks for being a real one. Keep doing you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cipher said:

I would like to give my complimentary pat on the back to @Noxious for calmly listening to my incoherent, sleep deprived shrieks for help. Very resourceful, good with the google. Helpful. Soothing voice. Great work. Thanks for being a real one. Keep doing you.

Thanks @Cipher. I hope you fix your TS problem! Message me if you do, I'm intrigued to see how it goes 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ron said:

Alright. I have some feedback to give regarding the handling of this report. 

First of @Mental pulling the logs. If you paid attention to the video that was provided, it was easy to see where the situation was simply done. 50% of the text chat logs were not needed. Also, if you have the lucky combination of a video with the chat logs showing up, you have to use and see these as the time stamp for potential combat log. Just the way you compare kill and connection logs. I gave you the name "Eddie Sorelly" and you couldn't find it because it was "Sorella" ? If you use notepad to check the logs do not get too focused on surnames, especially if you are not working with basic names like "John Smith". Crtl +f  - Eddie. You would have found him easily, if not with notepad then with your GM - Tools. I believe that is what @Dusty did. Also Mental: providing the logs for a report, it was your job to call out the combat log and ask for allies (to be seen in the video) of the accused. Not mine.

I counted through and including my statement, one of the accused was asked for a detailed POV 5 times. @Speedster 5 times. I know that you need that activity but a 6th time was really not needed at all. With that you line in with the unnecessary posts in a report and cause a cluster-fuck. You and also other GM's looking at that report could have noticed that some of the accused were online on the forum and gained activity in doing your job by temp banning them, like @Alex finally did after a whole while.

In this post Dusty luckily notices that the connection logs are very close for being an "accidental" disconnect or whatsoever. He asks a question and requests one of the accused for for more honesty within his statement about disconnecting. The accused proceeded to simply quote his POV. I feel like there could have happened another attempt from the GM team to gain information regarding a potential lie in a report. So request of a GM not really fulfilled and not a single statement/ warning regarding it in the verdict.

Last point the verdict. I am not sure which version to start with but as you probably already know there are two:  version 1 & version 2. I know there is no content nor outcome changed but grammar. I don't know who was involved in that verdict besides @HebiKotei I know English is not everyone's mother tongue in the team...but fucking hell guys, are you serious? As the team in the back, signing a verdict is like giving your okay, your stamp for this to be published. You clearly let Hebi hanging there. Seeing the amount of mistakes and even the accused name spelled wrong and the already published version being changed afterwards, i find this pretty disappointing.

Regarding the content of that verdict, Hebi. I know everyone has her or his own style of writing which I think is pretty important but in the process of the report you could have seen not only the lack of rule understanding but also some lacking English skills. It is on you to word things in simple language and understandable way especially if there are newcomers / newer people involved in a report. Your text is lacking that and structure. Also you single yourself out with wordings like "I'm afraid this really doesn't cut it for RP". You should always appear as a 'we', as a team.

Now regarding other content that is simply missing. This is again dedicated not only to Hebi but all people involved in this verdict: you don't give any suggestions in a verdict, with newcomers involved. At this point i'd just like to state: wake up! GM job #1: Simple written examples of a potential scenario, guides and what about your introduced mentor program? You take away someones whitelist because he or she is new but don't support them in showing how it could have been done. That

@admins: the GM's need more support in the process of writing verdicts, not just because of this single one but also other cases + you have a lot of 'newer ones' working together, they need you.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know about you, but when I got GM I was told to post everything, including all the chat logs.

Everything else will be taken into consideration. Thanks.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mental said:

Thanks for the feedback. I don't know about you, but when I got GM I was told to post everything, including all the chat logs.

Everything else will be taken into consideration. Thanks.

Yeah all the chat logs pertaining the situation. If I see a chat log that's from an hour ago and has nothing to do with the situation at hand, why on earth would I post that?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @Rose for always dealing with my points, and keeping up with all of my shit without losing yours.^_^

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally think the mods warn people to warn people. Lately I have had a few warnings that I was baffled by. Not only this I look and see what people are warned for and question if they honestly needed to be warned. Plus the amount of revokes on the points given out by mods that are reverted, is that a sign that they're giving out points like candy? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aiko -  So tonight I had noticed a report that was up that I could have held information about. I had joined TeamSpeak to see only a CH in the Helpdesk, someone who can not give me permission to post on a report. After scrolling through the channels I noticed Aiko in a Temp channel with some others. I had opened a message to her pertaining the information I could have. I was then messaged Volke on steam(was in her channel) asking to make a comment towards her. I was then met with the Hiding of the clients in the channel. Therefor I can no longer poke or open a chat with those in there. Instead of Aiko being mature and messaging me that she was busy, this is how she approached the situation. I then messaged Volke asking WTF as I wasn't getting a response and was quite rustled by her actions. After I told him how I felt he most likely relayed this information and she was then ready to help me. I told her never mind and that I would ask someone who is actually willing to help in the morning.

My feedback, if you want to come across as busy, just INFORM the person. Don't leave the person to silence, or hide yourself and those with you in the channel. Maturity.

Edited by Species
@'d Aiko
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback Species,

I am sorry that I was busy in the middle of a game that I can not pause, when I am not in HD it should be almost obvious I am busy or relaxing. I had meant to put the channel on hidden before that fact, but if you see it as me hiding and ignoring you that is not my intention. At this time, it is my wind down time to relax after being busy with things in the day. I am sorry if you felt you need to have your information posted at that very moment, I will in the future stop what I am doing and help you straight away. But keep in mind this is not a full time job, and if it can wait till the next day or later. I dont think it will be the end of anything.

Again thanks for the feedback, and I will work on it. ^_^

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarcasm incomíng: Holy Aiko. You did not instantly react?

Species,

You could have informed any other Staff member instead or PM a GM, or an Admin.... . Even the lonely CH could have dropped something in our Slack chat to inform her or any GM's. If I am in my groups channel I also dont react unless I get informed of something serious like massKoS, trolling and so on.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Earthwalker Handled my problem quickly and efficiently, also provided great entertainment. Thanks man.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ron said:

In this post Dusty luckily notices that the connection logs are very close for being an "accidental" disconnect or whatsoever. He asks a question and requests one of the accused for for more honesty within his statement about disconnecting. The accused proceeded to simply quote his POV. I feel like there could have happened another attempt from the GM team to gain information regarding a potential lie in a report. So request of a GM not really fulfilled and not a single statement/ warning regarding it in the verdict.

 
 
 

I actually wrote a reply that explained this a lot better but as I was almost finished the wonderful website decided to delete all I wrote, so I'll explain it briefly.

The reason why we don't question the legitimacy of people's story is because the moment we do that, we are kinda entering their private life. You gonna put yourself in that spot. If you need to log out due to something private and then I would come and ask you why I am pretty sure you would either not tell me or lie about it. So I don't think we should go in detail or even question someone's story because it's simply outside the medium that is DayZRP. What is important is that we have a small idea what went down and we know that person did not have permission to log out.

I am actually not part of the team that did the verdict so I can't really touch on any other points. I hope you understand what I meant and if there are any questions I am more then able to talk about them via PMs or in TS.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ron

Thank you for the feedback, sadly English is my mother tongue and I do apologise for how the verdict turned out. I'll make sure to check it my spelling and grammar in verdicts more carefully.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aiko said:

Thanks for the feedback Species,

I am sorry that I was busy in the middle of a game that I can not pause, when I am not in HD it should be almost obvious I am busy or relaxing. I had meant to put the channel on hidden before that fact, but if you see it as me hiding and ignoring you that is not my intention. At this time, it is my wind down time to relax after being busy with things in the day. I am sorry if you felt you need to have your information posted at that very moment, I will in the future stop what I am doing and help you straight away. But keep in mind this is not a full time job, and if it can wait till the next day or later. I dont think it will be the end of anything.

Again thanks for the feedback, and I will work on it. ^_^

 

7 hours ago, Terra said:

Sarcasm incomíng: Holy Aiko. You did not instantly react?

Species,

You could have informed any other Staff member instead or PM a GM, or an Admin.... . Even the lonely CH could have dropped something in our Slack chat to inform her or any GM's. If I am in my groups channel I also dont react unless I get informed of something serious like massKoS, trolling and so on.

However after I made some comments towards Volke(someone in her channel) you were instantly ready to help. It is not that you were busy that gets me, it's how you went about the situation. Please, instead of attempting to defend the actions that were completely unprofessional just take the Feedback and grow from it. This could have came across as very bad for someone who is new to the community, thus giving you a bad image which I think should be avoided by all Staff members. 

And to the pausing part, I understand that game can't be paused I used to play it quite often, however Volke(Again someone playing with you) was able to take the time, converse with me, then relay the info to you. Next time I beg that instead of you hiding your channel just a simple "Hey we are currently busy!"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Aiko said:

Thanks for the feedback Species,

I am sorry that I was busy in the middle of a game that I can not pause, when I am not in HD it should be almost obvious I am busy or relaxing. I had meant to put the channel on hidden before that fact, but if you see it as me hiding and ignoring you that is not my intention. At this time, it is my wind down time to relax after being busy with things in the day. I am sorry if you felt you need to have your information posted at that very moment, I will in the future stop what I am doing and help you straight away. But keep in mind this is not a full time job, and if it can wait till the next day or later. I dont think it will be the end of anything.

Again thanks for the feedback, and I will work on it. ^_^

 

9 hours ago, Terra said:

Sarcasm incomíng: Holy Aiko. You did not instantly react?

Species,

You could have informed any other Staff member instead or PM a GM, or an Admin.... . Even the lonely CH could have dropped something in our Slack chat to inform her or any GM's. If I am in my groups channel I also dont react unless I get informed of something serious like massKoS, trolling and so on.

I understand being humble is asking too much sometimes from staff. But look at it from that community members pov.  He pokes an admin no response is received.  He messages a person in the same channel and all of a sudden you all go hidden.   You had time to hide yourselves but not 1 second to respond with I'm busy.  It gives off the impression that you can't be bothered with him.  Species knows that staff members need to unwind and play some games.   I get it as I've been in the same position myself.  I don't think the issue species has is the lack of response time.  It's the fact that you had time to tab out of game to make yourself hidden but didn't have time to say I'm busy.   Plus I find it a bit unprofessional with the sarcastic responses to honest feedback. 

 

Also when did staff member start going invisible and hiding from the community.  Never been done before.    

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also agree with the feedback, I pointed it out to Aiko and Terra in the admin chat. I'm not so much against hiding as I don't like the fact that one does not reply and then hides. It leaves the other person hanging and gives the impression that one is ignored. It's not a big deal, but doesn't leave a good image.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear- never said I was hiding. But when I have no time, I might not respond right away. Thats all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far as the forums part goes I like all the staff. Only problem is that I wish there are more staff members, and maybe ones specifically for the forums only. Or more support at least. 

 

Other than that I have had nothing but positive feedback, and fast reply.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.