Rolle

Staff Feedback

3328 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Alex  This admin was promoted too fast.  He cannot take responsibility for his mistakes, and after this "mistake" he has damaged the credibility of staff.

.@Rolle deal with this.    

597529590f.jpg

edeeeb8a37.png

9c63be26a8.png

de94680867.jpg

Edited by Winslow

36 minutes ago, Winslow said:

Alex  This admin was promoted too fast.  He cannot take responsibility for his mistakes, and after this "mistake" he has damaged the credibility of staff.

.@Rolle deal with this.    

597529590f.jpg

9c63be26a8.png

de94680867.jpg

I dealt with this. By ignoring the baseless accusations and the drama you're trying to create over a single post.

Just now, Rolle said:

I dealt with this. By ignoring the baseless accusations and the drama you're trying to create over a single post.

Actually...your just proving my point. You don't care if they straight up lie to us to cover up their mistakes. Teach them how to be better liars.

Just now, Winslow said:

Actually...your just proving my point. You don't care if they straight up lie to us to cover up their mistakes. Teach them how to be better liars.

I'll try to make sure we cover up our mistakes when it comes to deleting a post better next time with more believable story. Have a nice day. 

1 minute ago, Rolle said:

I'll try to make sure we cover up our mistakes when it comes to deleting a post better next time with more believable story. Have a nice day. 

Can you cover up the shit attitude as well?

Just now, Lil_Beefy said:

Can you cover up the shit attitude as well?

For you, anything :)

On 12/31/2016 at 5:46 PM, Nihoolious said:

-snip-

I guess my post is not important enough to warrant a response? I mean Mental responded to the latter part that is fine but seriously? No one was gonna respond to why points weren't given? Might as well delete the thread then I guess.

1 hour ago, Nihoolious said:

I guess my post is not important enough to warrant a response? I mean Mental responded to the latter part that is fine but seriously? No one was gonna respond to why points weren't given? Might as well delete the thread then I guess.

I think you are asking too much tbh.   If they haven't responded by now doubt they will respond anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Nihoolious said:

Not really. This thread is for feedback, which you gave at the end of your post and Mental responded to it, a response that I agree with.

Your question probably did not receive an answer because it's simply not a thread to ask a question regarding why something receives points or not. If you want to get more views on your problem I'd create a discussion or a question thread.

Seeing as you really want a reply I shall give you my opinion. The part of the post that is questionable is this: "Clearly your own RP community isn't worth your time either by the looks of how poorly its doing." Now, the comment in itself is aggressive so we can get that out of our way, but it is not something that would be considered flaming, nor flame baiting. It's purely Roger's opinion on some of the actions you made expressed in a more somewhat aggressive tone.

Your point is that the thread was derailed due to his response. Looking over the thread there were around 18 posts that were talking about this new community. Roger posted only 6 times out of all those 18, counting the first post and all the other "let's talk via PMs" posts. In fact, he only posted twice talking about this new community and all others were just back and forth replies to Cipher.

What I am tried to say is that Roger brought up this new community in his post and people started to comment on it and as a result, the discussion changed completely. You can't really put all the blame on Roger when there were many others that replied to the comment and continued the topic of this new community. If people wanted not to derail the thread then simply do not reply. Use PMs if you wanna talk to the guy.

1 minute ago, Post said:

I'm not going to name names, but with all due respect when there's 4-5 people community members in a staff help room with a few GMs. Please have the courtesy to poke your fellow staff members and inquire if you can join, and why you should  be joining. You shouldn't be joining for no reason without having any context of the discussion or meeting, even just to sit in the room in silence. These are discussions for drama to be listened in to for enjoyment. Just now we attempted to have a discussion in a staff room, which turned into a mess with several staff joining it. One of which interrupted the entire thing to tell everyone to be quiet to then request, "Explain to me what's going on." No. We aren't going to explain it. You don't join a discussion that was designed to be private and then ask us to stop to explain it to you. It really made the discussion much harder than it had to be with that.

Please talk to your fellow staff before joining. Sometimes discussions are private, and that's the best room available for privacy. Just joining it can cause more of a mess. 

I wasn't too impressed with the situation @Cow

@Post @Roger

I went in blind, and was rude by telling everyone to "shut the fuck up." I was rash and disrespectful, I can only apologies for it and nothing else.

I thought I was doing the right thing due to a great deal of the people in the channel were talking over each other but alas I was not.

Posted (edited)

Hello. I recently saw a report regarding NVFL because a player hit respawn, that can be found here. Now when I saw this report I immediately messaged this new person in a PM: 

Spoiler

MtCfNLi.png

I guess my feedback is that it feels very... unfair to this person to ban him for something that really is a very isolated incident that is incredibly hard to know is considered NVFL if you are new here. If someone were to purely read these rules, there's no way anyone could have known that was NVFL. If you read the NVFL rule (which mind you is only a sentence) "Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage and threatened with death if you don't stop." Most interpret this as purely being an IC choice of playing your character unrealistically, not clicking a respawn button.

A lot of people are new-ish here, and they make mistakes. I don't feel punishing a person for something like this makes the community wiser or better. You aren't removing some harmful rulebreaker from the server, you're removing a person who made an honest mistake. There is literally no way he could have known what he did was a rule break. I understand it is because I've seen it before, but unless this guy researches a years worth of reports I feel he's moving on from a situation he was exhausted from, and from watching the video-- rightfully so.

I could understand had he been hostage, and a capture just knocks him out and he presses Respawn, but he was shot three or four times, and probably imagined he was dead.

I'm just disappointed that it seems we're looking to target bans on players who aren't maliciously harming the impact of others, but are just merely making a mistake. That isn't improving the community in my personal opinion. 

Edited by Post

@Post you bring some good points here and I shall discuss them one by one.

1. Rules mention nothing about respawning.

There isn't much to say here other then you are right. Rules do not mention such action as being NVFL. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things not covered by the rules. The best example that comes off my mind is the infamous 10 secs drop weaps robberies. Nothing in the rules covers this as BadRP and it is something a lot of newcomers do and get punished for it.

I'd personally love to see more examples in the rules so that newcomers can read and not break any of those unwritten rules. I shall think of other rules such as this and create a draft and present it to the team in hopes situations like I above will be added to the rules.

2. Unfairness of the ban

Before writing the verdict, there was a discussion between verbal or punishment. The decision was a standard punishment because there was nothing special about this case that required a use of the "Extenuating circumstances" rule (3.5). We punished people before for doing the exact thing and this case is no different. You also have to look from the other perspective. They shot him and then they were in the process of bandaging up him up when he respawn, "robbing" them of the chance to continue the RP. 

Now would it be fine to let the guy go with just a verbal because it was a mistake? Normally one would say yes, I do not want to be a tyrant that bans every move someone makes. However, if we are to let this go with a verbal than the next guy that does this old or new will have to receive the same because we need to treat everyone equally and also be consistent (as much as possible). Doing this will turn people hitting the respawn button from an actual rule break into just a verbal.

Another example would be miss-clicking and killing someone you have no rights on. There have been cases in the past when we had explicit evidence of such mistake being made and we had to give the normal punishment. If we were to give a verbal then everyone will start miss-clicking people, record, put on an act and they will also have to be given a verbal.

Unfortunately, sometimes regardless of being quite unfair, we must stick to the standard punishment.

I thank you for taking your time and expressing your concerns and I hope you understand why the decision was made. In the next days, I shall try my best to cover some unwritten rules and hopefully they will make their way on the forums.

Well actually there's a much easier solution than creating a standard of verbal warnings. Make it more clear in the rules. The point Post is making is that for this guy to know respawning in his specific scenario wasn't okay is very unlikely. If it just said in the rules for NVFL "if you have been knocked out by a player or by an unknown source then respawning before death will be considered NVFL. "

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Andrey said:

Then, why not slap this guy with a verbal, put the respawning thing in the rules and give everyone else who commit the same thing a normal punishment? If I was the guy, I would be pissed, doing something that is suddenly considered a rulebreak by the general majority but since I'm new, I can't do anything but get slapped with 3 days.

edit : nvm, just found out from the lad shadows that he actually got it to a verbal, disregard

Edited by Melvin

2 minutes ago, Melvin said:

Then, why not slap this guy with a verbal, put the respawning thing in the rules and give everyone else who commit the same thing a normal punishment? If I was the guy, I would be pissed, doing something that is suddenly considered a rulebreak by the general majority but since I'm new, I can't do anything but get slapped with 3 days.

His appeal has been accepted and we plan to cover this in the rules. Many people have been punished for this in the past, it's not a new thing and we don't grant leniency to newer players. Post brought some valid points in his feedback and hopefully this will be covered in the NVFL rule soon. ^_^

7 hours ago, Andrey said:

There isn't much to say here other then you are right. Rules do not mention such action as being NVFL. Unfortunately, there are a lot of things not covered by the rules. The best example that comes off my mind is the infamous 10 secs drop weaps robberies. Nothing in the rules covers this as BadRP and it is something a lot of newcomers do and get punished for it.

I'd personally love to see more examples in the rules so that newcomers can read and not break any of those unwritten rules. I shall think of other rules such as this and create a draft and present it to the team in hopes situations like I above will be added to the rules.

2. Unfairness of the ban

Before writing the verdict, there was a discussion between verbal or punishment. The decision was a standard punishment because there was nothing special about this case that required a use of the "Extenuating circumstances" rule (3.5). We punished people before for doing the exact thing and this case is no different. You also have to look from the other perspective. They shot him and then they were in the process of bandaging up him up when he respawn, "robbing" them of the chance to continue the RP. 

Now would it be fine to let the guy go with just a verbal because it was a mistake? Normally one would say yes, I do not want to be a tyrant that bans every move someone makes. However, if we are to let this go with a verbal than the next guy that does this old or new will have to receive the same because we need to treat everyone equally and also be consistent (as much as possible). Doing this will turn people hitting the respawn button from an actual rule break into just a verbal.

Another example would be miss-clicking and killing someone you have no rights on. There have been cases in the past when we had explicit evidence of such mistake being made and we had to give the normal punishment. If we were to give a verbal then everyone will start miss-clicking people, record, put on an act and they will also have to be given a verbal.

Unfortunately, sometimes regardless of being quite unfair, we must stick to the standard punishment.

I thank you for taking your time and expressing your concerns and I hope you understand why the decision was made. In the next days, I shall try my best to cover some unwritten rules and hopefully they will make their way on the forums.

Sounds like there needs to be a lot of additions to the rules to avoid getting fucked by a ghost rule 

5 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Sounds like there needs to be a lot of additions to the rules to avoid getting fucked by a ghost rule 

I agree but most people dont. I made a suggestion about a NEW rule and most people didnt want more rules. Which I find Ironic.

18 minutes ago, Diamond said:

For real, if it's that easy to post them on here why not add them to like an examples tab on the actual rule set page?

8 hours ago, Andrey said:

2. Unfairness of the ban

The thing is we dont need more rules and we certainly dont need loads of examples.  The rules page is insanely long.  People dont even read the rules because the whitelist is beyond easy a monkey can pass it.  

On topic though, hitting respawn before you are actually dead is avoiding RP which can be classified as badrp or even NVFL.  Its common sense.  People just need to start reading and comprehending the rules and there needs to be a whitelist that challenges this.  

2 hours ago, Castiel said:

His appeal has been accepted and we plan to cover this in the rules. Many people have been punished for this in the past, it's not a new thing and we don't grant leniency to newer players. Post brought some valid points in his feedback and hopefully this will be covered in the NVFL rule soon. ^_^

Since this 'respawn' button thing isn't in the rules and the ban appeal was accepted due to this not being directly written in the rules, why is Jimmy still banned? He was banned for something not directly in the rules, but I don't see staff jumping to fix the wrong that was issued that day. I requested a meeting with the admin team to discuss this. I stated when they came up with a date and a time they could all be on to discuss this issue, I got different dates and times, instead of what I asked for. I feel there are some severe communication issues within staff at the moment, and I'd like to help get them cleared up, and am trying currently to do just that.