The idea of interview a community member is to take yet another step forward towards bringing the
The idea is to create a thread where we will interview a random community member.
During this interview we will ask the community member some questions regarding the community and how their DayZRP experience has been.
This week we interviewed: DarkSide
Thank you so much for participating!
I'll just list them, Dusty, Terra, Hebee, Wong, Bruce, Dr D, Whip, Plebbles, Johnny, Patch, Ellie, I guess Shark, Otter, Shawdow, Hellish and many more that I cannot name off the top of my head so please forgive me.
~Is there something that you would like to see added to our community?~
We are looking for new people to join the DayZRP staff team, and presently we have openings available within the Loremaster team. Unlike previous efforts to acquire a new Loremaster, we are not limiting these applications to any specific timezone. All applicants (EU/NA/AU) will be considered. Even if you are not chosen, applications may be considered for future positions in the event we deem more necessary.
With this, we wish to see those who are interested in helping the DayZRP staff team,in doing so becoming part of the team.
Further details of the position will be filled in during an interview with both the current Loremasters and the Admin team.
Age of 18+
Passionate about writing stories and being part of the team.
Experience in writing, having a vast imagination and capable with working with people (Staff and community)
Free time and dedication in helping write the lore and helping others.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply or have any questions regarding the position. This position is open for both current staff and community members.
You are able to apply by sending a private message to any admin here.
Any applications placed in a new post directly on this thread will not be taken into consideration.
Individuals who have previously submitted applications for the role should PM an admin to note that they are still interested, and may be asked to provide another application.
Please follow the following format when sending a PM:
Writing experience [Links to examples]:
Why should we choose you?:
What other qualities do you have?:
What can you bring to the team?:
(If there are any other details you wish to add that have not been covered in the application, please do so after the final question.)
I have temporarily closed the whitelist for non-Premium users.
For 5 days straight we have received 200-300 applications to review every day and it's taking its toll on the admin team, especially now that 2 of the admins are on a break. We promoted Ark to help us, but we are still understaffed. We can do little to no other work besides reviewing applications and we are needed in other tasks as well.
I have therefore closed the whitelist application for non-premium users for time being. Those who are in the middle of their application will be able to complete it. The plan is to open the system again in a few days after we clear the current pending list of applications.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Whitelist has been opened for 24 hours.
Whitelist is closed again
Whitelist has been opened for 24 hours.
As you've probably noticed, we have gotten a lot of attention in the last 3 days, not only did the 0.60 finally release, but also several popular YouTubers coordinated by JimRP have uploaded videos recorded on DayZRP which have boosted our numbers enormously.
I am creating this thread to sum up the last few days events and describe the current situation to everyone - both new and old.
1. Over 1000 accounts have registered in the last 24 hours and we have received about the same amount of whitelist applications. About 80% of all applications were automatically denied by the system (mostly due to incorrect rule question answers), however we still got about 200-250 apps to review in the last day. Currently there are 75 pending applications and I know that the admins are getting eye strain from all the reading at this point, so the review time on the apps will probably take slightly longer. Please be patient.
2. New website is delayed. The system development is still ongoing and we won't meet the "late June/early July" target that I've mentioned in the new website preview threads. I have no ETA at this time. Soon™?
4. We're recruiting new staff to meet the increased user demand for support and to handle reports. Make sure to (re)apply on the staff recruitment page!
5. We have changed some procedures recently, overall we're trying to be a little more lenient and liberal when it comes to discussions on the forums so that you can discuss freely without having to worry about getting warning points for a small thing. I am trying to change the mindset that posting any kind of negative opinion about someone is instantly considered "flaming" and awarded with warning points. We are also trying to make reports more open - allow you to discuss the report freely and only step in when community rules are broken. This also means that we will no longer be posting verbal warnings in threads. I think this will allow a little bit more freedom on the forums to express your opinion and reserve the warning points to people with bad behavior or malicious intents.
6. No, we're not doing an amnesty and unbanning all old permabanned players. However we are open to appeals from people who have not attempted to circumvent their ban and haven't been abusive (mass KoS, spam, harassment, cheating, Hitler pics of Rolle, etc). Send an email to [email protected] with appeal. We can restore banned accounts that were deleted.
7. The servers are crashing frequently and we are aware of it. We thought it was the upgrade to 60 slots so we switched S1 back to 50 slots for one day, however it did not help the situation. Our GSP reports that other servers also have similar problems, we can only hope for a server-side fix soon by the development team.
8. If you missed it, I added an "outbreak counter" on the home page that shows the amount of days since the official Lore timeline. Hopefully that will remind you and give you an indication what kind of time frame we currently play in and that you can't role play as someone who just found out about the infection and woke up on the beach
9. Let's try to stay calm about the newcomer shaming and calling people "Bambis", all of you were once in their position. The newcomers have to take in a lot of new information and rules at once so let's try to help them as best as we can to get to know the community and how things work around here. I think that by doing so we secure a better future for the community. There is an ongoing suggestion about mentors, so if you're an experienced member jump in there and help if you can.
This week will probably be pretty hectic and full of work for staff, so I ask for your patience and understanding while we try to sort things out, handle reports and integrate all newcomers into the community.
Welcome to the DayZRP v3 website series, Part 3, where every week until presumably end of June or early July I will introduce you to some features of the new DayZRP website that is currently in development.
Over the years I've created a lot of custom features for our website. Those range from small cosmetic stuff to whole new systems. Migration to a new system is a difficult process as all existing code suddenly stops working and there is no easy way to port it over. Here's a summary status of the different custom features that we have and how/when it will be implemented on the new website.
Already done or replaced by a different system:
- Steam login
Being rewritten from scratch:
- Whitelist system
- Newbie guide
Planned to be ported at a later date:
- Hall of Fame
- Character system
- Staff recruitment
Our forum is not very big compared to other global gaming communities, but it is still quite significant considering the amount of users we have. All content on the current website will need to be converted to the new system - about 1 250 000 posts in 70 000 threads, 600 000 PMs, 28 000 BeanZ and just over 8 000 warnings. As with all conversions, it is not perfect - there is some data that we will not be moving over as well as some data that will become obsolete and stop working entirely.
Data that will be moved over:
- Your account, along with your Premium rank, post count, BeanZ and PMs
- All forums, threads and posts
- SteamID and whitelist
Data that will NOT be moved:
- Your avatar and signature
- Your profile data like sex, country, profile music and profile background
- Group CPs
Before the data migration I plan to execute a community cleanup, removing most banned accounts from the system, removing the legacy of Banter Brigade lads and other pillars of the community.
The URL addressing will change, which means that all links that you ever posted that lead to a other threads on the forums will stop working. This is one of the biggest concerns, however there is no easy or reliable way to convert the links inside posts to the new format. So, if you have any threads that included links to other parts of the forum, you will need to update those after the update.
The migration of a database this big will take a long time. I have completed it once already and with some technical difficulties it took about 20 hours and that's without converting PMs. I assume that the full conversion will take 24 hours if everything goes well and up to 36 hours I have to fix things along the way. During this time the website will not be available, I will create a temporary page and we will use Twitter and Steam group chat during the down time to communicate.
That's all I had for this week, sorry for no fancy screenshots, perhaps next week I can show you a sneak peek of the new white theme that uSx is working on